PHOENIX -- Some popular highways will be closed or have lane restrictions this weekend in the Valley. The major Loop 101 road-widening project also begins this weekend. Drivers should take alternate routes or plan for small delays as they pass construction zones.
• Northbound Loop 101 will be closed overnight between 90th Street and Shea Boulevard in Scottsdale from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. For a detour, northbound Loop 101 traffic can travel northbound along 90th Street and westbound Shea Boulevard.
• Northbound Loop 101 will be narrowed to two lanes in both directions between Shea boulevard and Via De Ventura between 10 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday.
• Southbound Loop 101 will close between 75th Avenue and Bell Road in Glendale from 10 p.m. Friday until noon Saturday. Note: Westbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 67th and 75th avenues and southbound on-ramp at Union Hills Drive will close at 9 p.m. Friday.
• Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at 51st Avenue and southbound on-ramp at Indian School Road in Glendale will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between Queen Creek Road and Wild Horse Pass Boulevard from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will narrow to two lanes overnight between Jackrabbit Trail and Citrus Road in the West Valley from 8 p.m. Sunday to 4 a.m. Monday for overhead sign work.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) will narrow to one lane at times overnight in areas between McDowell Road and 71st Avenue from 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday for final lane striping.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.