Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- Strangers are reaching out to a Valley family after they lost everything in a house fire last week.

Joe Abramo had parked his 2001 X5 BMW inside his garage when it spontaneously combusted, according to azfamily.com.

Everyone got out of the burning home OK, and now the family of four is staying in a hotel room while insurance companies work on the situation.

Because there is toxic asbestos in the home, it is being torn down and the family is not able to take anything from inside.

Good Samaritans are stepping up to help the family through GoFundMe.com.

The family has received furniture and other household items from people since the incident. However, they are starting from scratch and more help is needed.

KTAR.com,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.