PHOENIX -- The Scottsdale Fire Department rescued two dogs from a house fire on Monday.
When fire crews arrived at 8649 E. Palo Verde Dr. in Scottsdale, they found smoke billowing from the eves and front door. A neighbor told them no one was home, but that two large dogs also lived there.
First responders searched the house and found the dogs, both not breathing. The dogs were given Fido Bags, which are oxygen masks made for pets. The crews then removed them from the home and took them to a nearby veterinarian's office.
One dog has awakened and is breathing on her own. The other is currently under a vet's care.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.