Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

TEMPE, Ariz. -- A 19-year-old Tempe man accused of having an improvised explosive device in his bedroom in his family's home has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charge of disorderly count.

Joshua Prater had previously been charged with misconduct involving weapons, but a Maricopa County Superior Court spokeswoman said he pleaded guilty to the reduced charge Wednesday.

Police have said a cleaning woman in May 2013 found the device inside the home and took it to a fire station.

Firefighters notified police, and the bomb squad responded and disabled the device.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.