Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- Valley firefighters are warning people to grill with caution this holiday weekend.

"We always stress the importance of having a safety zone of three feet or more," said Mesa Fire Capt. Forrest Smith. "The idea is to keep pets and kids away from barbecue grills, an ignition source or any type of fire."

Firefighters advised foregoing accelerant and to light a propane grill with the lid open because of the risk of an explosion.

Sandra Haros , Reporter

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.