PHOENIX -- Authorities say a dozen people have been treated for exposure to ammonia after a chemical leak at the Intel plant in Chandler.
Chandler Fire Department officials say 10 people were treated at the scene Monday afternoon and two people were taken to a hospital for treatment.
Nearly 20 fire trucks and hazardous materials crews responded to the microchip making company's plant.
Fire officials were called at 1:30 p.m. after a construction crew struck a pipe carrying ammonia while they were working on renovations. That led to a spill of 100 gallons of ammonium hydroxide.
The Chandler Fire Dept is currently working a hazardous materials incident at Intel located at 4500 S. Dobson Rd.— ChandlerPolice (@ChandlerPolice) May 5, 2014
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.