Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

TUCSON, Ariz. -- A defense investigator has been told to stop contacting members of a Tucson jury who convicted a once-prominent U.S. socialite last week in the 1996 car bomb killing of her ex-husband.

Pima County Superior Court officials said Wednesday that Judge Richard Fields has signed a cease and desist order.

They say it was brought to the court's attention that a central witness in the Pamela Phillips trial was actively attempting to contact jurors.

The judge says no hint of juror misconduct has been shown and ``the defense shall cease and desist from having their investigator contact jurors immediately.''

Phillips was convicted April 8 of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the death of Tucson businessman Gary Triano.

She faces life in prison at her May 22 sentencing hearing.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.