PHOENIX -- One person was taken to a hospital and up to 70 others have been evacuated from a Phoenix assisted living facility because of a hazmat situation.
Authorities said a resident of the senior center apparently spilled the pesticide Thursday afternoon and that led to precautionary evacuations.
Phoenix Fire Department officials said 70 people from 52 units were affected at the center.
The Grand Canyon chapter of the American Red Cross told KPHO-TV that it anticipates sheltering about 25 people overnight.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.