A decision on Arizona's controversial bill that would allow businesses to deny services to gays and others based on religious beliefs may be known by Wednesday night.
Jan Brewer is set to make a statement at 5:45 p.m.
The bill is an update of the state's Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which has been in place since 1999. Many states have these laws, and Arizona's mirrors a similar federal law of the same name, which was adopted in 1993.
NBC News reported Tuesday Brewer is likely to veto the measure.
After Brewer returned from Washington at the National Governors Association she tweeted she would take a look at the bill and "I assure you, as always, I will do the right thing for the State of Arizona. #SB1062."
She has until Saturday to make a decision.
- SB 1062 opposition begins pushing back
- Lawyer says SB 1062 fight is just beginning
- Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes SB 1062
- CAP President: Veto marks 'tragic day'
- Arizona politicians react to SB 1062 veto
- Council thanks Brewer for SB 1062 veto
- Rob's 5: Big black eyes in Arizona history
- Brewer holds meetings on SB 1062
- Report: NFL may move Super Bowl from AZ
- The basics of SB 1062
- Final Word: AZ out to make a fool of itself?
- AZ senator defends SB 1062 on 'AC360'
- Meghan McCain 'horrified' at SB 1062
- Farmer throws support behind SB 1062
- SB 1062 could affect 2015 Super Bowl
- Group addresses 'misinformation' about bill
- St. James: Should AZ care what others think?
- Karie: SB 1062 Stand Your Ground for bigots
- McMahon: Bon appetit, Arizona
- Foster: 'We reserve the right'
- Senator: 'Lapse' when voting for SB 1062
- Hispanic lawyers pull AZ conference
- Official: Arizona tourism loses with SB 1062
- Expert: Bill won't derail economic recovery
- Valley restaurant takes stand against bill
- Phx business showing SB 1062 disgust
- Go Daddy releases anti-SB 1062 statement
- George Takei rips Arizona over SB 1062
- Apple adds to anti-SB 1062 sentiments
- State treasurer says veto Arizona bill
- Three senators urge veto of SB 1062
- Service refusal bill bad for Ariz. taxpayers
- SB 1062 opponents protest at capitol
- Council urges Brewer to veto SB 1062
- AZ governor hopefuls weigh in on SB 1062
- Religious service bill riles gay supporters
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.