PHOENIX -- While the masses continue to voice opposition to the controversial piece of legislation critics have dubbed "Arizona's anti-gay bill," there are others who support Senate Bill 1062.
"I'm not a lawyer, there's a lot of legalese that I don't understand, but the parts I do, I agree with quite frankly," said Doug Henderson, owner of Henderson Family Farm in Casa Grande. "There are certain lifestyles that are wrong. it doesn't mean I hate the person, I just don't agree with their lifestyle."
If signed into law, SB 1062 would allow Arizona businesses to deny services to gays and others based on religious beliefs. Henderson sees no problem with that.
"For me, to be subjected to a lawsuit because I won't serve on them, is wrong," he said.
Henderson isn't alone in backing the bill. Sen. Al Melvin made an appearance on CNN Monday night to defend the bill and the Arizona Catholic Conference is encouraging followers to contact Gov. Jan Brewer to ask her to sign the bill into law. She has until Saturday to decide.
- SB 1062 opposition begins pushing back
- Lawyer says SB 1062 fight is just beginning
- Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes SB 1062
- CAP President: Veto marks 'tragic day'
- Arizona politicians react to SB 1062 veto
- Council thanks Brewer for SB 1062 veto
- Rob's 5: Big black eyes in Arizona history
- Brewer holds meetings on SB 1062
- Report: NFL may move Super Bowl from AZ
- The basics of SB 1062
- Final Word: AZ out to make a fool of itself?
- AZ senator defends SB 1062 on 'AC360'
- Meghan McCain 'horrified' at SB 1062
- Farmer throws support behind SB 1062
- SB 1062 could affect 2015 Super Bowl
- Group addresses 'misinformation' about bill
- St. James: Should AZ care what others think?
- Karie: SB 1062 Stand Your Ground for bigots
- McMahon: Bon appetit, Arizona
- Foster: 'We reserve the right'
- Senator: 'Lapse' when voting for SB 1062
- Hispanic lawyers pull AZ conference
- Official: Arizona tourism loses with SB 1062
- Expert: Bill won't derail economic recovery
- Valley restaurant takes stand against bill
- Phx business showing SB 1062 disgust
- Go Daddy releases anti-SB 1062 statement
- George Takei rips Arizona over SB 1062
- Apple adds to anti-SB 1062 sentiments
- State treasurer says veto Arizona bill
- Three senators urge veto of SB 1062
- Service refusal bill bad for Ariz. taxpayers
- SB 1062 opponents protest at capitol
- Council urges Brewer to veto SB 1062
- AZ governor hopefuls weigh in on SB 1062
- Religious service bill riles gay supporters
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.