BUCKEYE, Ariz. -- Authorities in Buckeye say three eighth-graders have been taken to a hospital as a precaution after they were seen taking prescription pills at their elementary school.
Buckeye police say one of the Freedom Elementary students had a prescription for headache medication and shared the pills with two friends.
Another student witnessed the incident and notified teachers, who then called police and fire personnel.
Emergency responders found three students who had apparently ingested a prescription medication but police say the eighth-graders only took one pill apiece.
The names and ages of the three students weren't immediately released and it wasn't immediately clear Thursday if they face discipline from school officials.