Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Authorities say a man in his 70s is dead after his unattended stove started a fire in his Glendale apartment.

Glendale Fire Department investigators believe the fire began about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday after the man started cooking and left the meal unattended.

Fire crews extinguished the flames and contained the blaze to the kitchen. No other apartments were affected.

The man lived alone in the apartment. His name hasn't been released yet.

Investigators say there's nothing suspicious about the fire and it appears to be accidental.

The cause of death will be determined by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.