SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- A hazardous-material situation in a Scottsdale meat-storage warehouse sent several people to hospitals for evaluations of non-life-threatening symptoms.
Hazardous-materials crews from the Scottsdale and Phoenix fire departments responded when workers started complaining of headaches Friday morning.
Scottsdale Fire Department Division Chief Jay Ducote said crews detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the warehouse due to a propane-powered forklift.
He said the business has been ventilated and that workers have been allowed back inside.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.