Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- A hazardous-material situation in a Scottsdale meat-storage warehouse sent several people to hospitals for evaluations of non-life-threatening symptoms.

Hazardous-materials crews from the Scottsdale and Phoenix fire departments responded when workers started complaining of headaches Friday morning.

Scottsdale Fire Department Division Chief Jay Ducote said crews detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the warehouse due to a propane-powered forklift.

He said the business has been ventilated and that workers have been allowed back inside.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.