1 dead, 1 wounded in gun battle in South Phoenix
PHOENIX -- One man is dead and another wounded after a possible gang-related gun battle at a South Phoenix house.
Phoenix police say the shooting began shortly after noon Thursday.
They say a pickup with as many as 12 people inside pulled up in front of a home near 16th Street and Roeser Road.
Some of the truck's occupants reportedly stormed the home and gunshots were exchanged.
Maricopa Medical Center told police that gunshot-wound victims showned up at its emergency room.
Police say one of those men died at the hospital and another is being treated for serious injuries.
They've detained several people at the hospital and the shooting scene who might have been involved in the shooting or are witnesses.
Latest Arizona Stories
Road to Recovery
- Road to Recovery: Mesa building hotel near Gateway Airport
- Road to Recovery: Tim Hortons stand at Coyotes arena to open to public daily
- Road to Recovery: Sports bar opening in north Tempe
- Road to Recovery: IHOP's pancake day celebration to help Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Road to Recovery: Chandler yogurt shop expands to Virginia