PHOENIX -- A Chandler business was evacuated Tuesday after a tank of chlorine was found to be leaking.
"Our crews did get on scene and they found a 150-pound chlorine cylinder that had been leaking," Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins said.
The facility at 301 N. Roosevelt was evacuated quickly. Dwiggins said crews were able to stop the leak.
"The leak itself and the chemicals itself are contained within the structure and we have no active leak," he said, adding that some chlorine remained in a line that ran to the tank.
Meters showed the air in the area is clear.
No one was injured in the incident but Roosevelt was closed for a short time.
Dwiggins said it was unclear what function the business provided.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.