City of Mesa prompts residents to 'treecycle'
The list of sites is comprised of the following:
• City of Mesa Solid Waste Management Department, 730 N. Mesa Drive.
• East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
• Superstition Springs Police/Fire Substation, 2430 S. Ellsworth Road.
• Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (enter off of Adobe Street).
• Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Road.
All sites will be open through Sunday, Jan. 19.
The city requires trees to be unbagged, vacant of all ornaments, tinsel and various other decorations and free of tree stands and nails.
Wreaths will not be accepted at sites, nor will flocked trees, which cannot naturally breakdown.
Mesa residents who wish to take their trees directly to the Salt River Landfill can do so Monday through Saturday, between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m., until the end of January. Direct drop-off at the landfill does, however, require a valid Arizona driver's license.
For $19.99, residents can schedule curbside pickup when they contact the city of Mesa Solid Waste Management Department at 480-644-6789.