The City of Glendale has released its list of sites where Christmas trees can be recycled -- locations they're branding as "treecycling" sites.
The list is comprised of seven such locations:
• Acoma Park: 53rd Ave. & Acoma Rd.
• Fire Station No. 156: 67th Ave. & Deer Valley Rd.
• Glendale Heroes Park: 83rd Ave. & Bethany Home Rd.
• Foothills Park: 57th Ave. & Union Hills Dr.
• Sahuaro Ranch Park: Southeast corner of 63rd Ave. & Mountain View Rd.
• O'Neill Park: 64th & Missouri avenues
• Rose Lane Park: 51st & Marlette avenues
All sites will be open Thursday, Dec. 26 through Sunday, Jan. 12.
The city requires trees to be unbagged, vacant of all ornaments and decorations and free of tree stands and metal stakes.
Christmas trees dropped at the qualifying locations will be repurposed in compost and for mulch.
Glendale residents who do not wish to drop their tree at one of the seven treecycling sites can have it picked up during the city's monthly bulk trash pickup. A corresponding schedule for bulk trash pickup can be found here.