Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

MARICOPA, Ariz. -- A litter of eight puppies died in a mobile home fire in Maricopa.

The fire department said no people were injured in the Thursday night fire that was contained to the back of the residence.

According to a department spokesman, firefighters contained the fire and then were told by the occupants that there was a box of puppies inside.

Firefighters found the box under debris in a severely damaged room but the puppies were overcome from heat and smoke.

Authorities said the fire was caused by an electrical short from multiple extension cords.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.