MARICOPA, Ariz. -- A litter of eight puppies died in a mobile home fire in Maricopa.
The fire department said no people were injured in the Thursday night fire that was contained to the back of the residence.
According to a department spokesman, firefighters contained the fire and then were told by the occupants that there was a box of puppies inside.
Firefighters found the box under debris in a severely damaged room but the puppies were overcome from heat and smoke.
Authorities said the fire was caused by an electrical short from multiple extension cords.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.