Former Arizona artists' design chosen for Hard Rock opening
ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A Wasilla man's artwork will adorn T-shirts and pins created for the grand opening of the Hard Rock Cafe in Anchorage next spring.
The company says in a release that 43-year-old Stafan Wilson's design in the Calling All Artists contest feature moose antlers and guitars over an inlay of Anchorage and the Chugach Mountains. It will be featured on limited-edition items.
Wilson moved to Wasilla from Arizona 20 years ago to be closer to his wife's family. He says he was inspired by his father, a wildlife artist.
Wilson works nights as a custodian for Matanuska-Susitna Borough schools, and draws during the day. He recently had a show in Phoenix, and has had a piece commissioned by the Alaska Railroad.
His design was picked by Hard Rock Cafe employees nationwide.
Latest Arizona Stories
Main Street Minute
World Class Arizona
Voice For A Better Arizona
- 'Ghost car' miraculously appears in middle of Russian intersection
- Army staff sergeant raps to cheer up girl with broken leg
- Stewart, McKellen play version of 'The Newlywed Game'
- Prague celebrates Easter with good old-fashioned bunny hop competition
- Watch this montage of kids getting terrified by the Easter Bunny