Former Arizona artists' design chosen for Hard Rock opening
ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A Wasilla man's artwork will adorn T-shirts and pins created for the grand opening of the Hard Rock Cafe in Anchorage next spring.
The company says in a release that 43-year-old Stafan Wilson's design in the Calling All Artists contest feature moose antlers and guitars over an inlay of Anchorage and the Chugach Mountains. It will be featured on limited-edition items.
Wilson moved to Wasilla from Arizona 20 years ago to be closer to his wife's family. He says he was inspired by his father, a wildlife artist.
Wilson works nights as a custodian for Matanuska-Susitna Borough schools, and draws during the day. He recently had a show in Phoenix, and has had a piece commissioned by the Alaska Railroad.
His design was picked by Hard Rock Cafe employees nationwide.
Latest Arizona Stories
Main Street Minute
- Main Street Minute: Tutors in demand across metro Phoenix
- Main Street Minute: Give food, get free food in return at sandwich shop
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Coyotes to renovate team shop
- Main Street Minute: Krispy Kreme coming to Casa Grande
- Main Street Minute: Pretzel chain opens stand at Metrocenter