(AP) - In a story Dec. 16 about the Mega Millions lottery jackpot, The Associated Press reported erroneously the date of the next drawing. It was scheduled to happen Tuesday, Dec. 17, not Dec. 16.
A corrected version of the story is below:
A look at the top 10 US record lottery jackpots
Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $586 million; a look at the top 10 US record lottery jackpots
The Associated Press
The Mega Millions jackpot jumped Monday to $586 million after Friday's drawing produced no winning ticket. The jackpot now ranks as the second largest in Mega Millions history and fourth biggest overall in U.S. history. Here's a look at the top 10 record lottery jackpots in U.S. history.
1. $656.0 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
2. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (1 ticket from Florida)
3. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (2 tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
4. Estimated $586 million, Mega Millions, (next drawing scheduled Tuesday, Dec. 17; jackpot could grow)
5. $448.4 million, Powerball, Aug. 7, 2013 (3 tickets from Minnesota and New Jersey)
6. $399.4 million, Powerball, Sept. 18, 2013 (1 ticket from South Carolina)
7. $390.0 million, Mega Millions, March 6, 2007 (2 tickets from Georgia and New Jersey)
8. $380.0 million, Mega Millions, Jan. 4, 2011 (2 tickets from Idaho and Washington)
9. $365.0 million, Powerball, Feb. 18, 2006 (1 ticket from Nebraska)
10. $363.0 million, The Big Game(asterisk), May 9, 2000 (2 tickets from Illinois and Michigan)
(asterisk)The Big Game was the predecessor to Mega Millions. The name changed in 2002.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.