Valley governments pushing holiday recycling
It includes six videos, each 30 seconds long, that offer tips on reducing, reusing and recycling during the holiday season. They include:
• Avoiding plastic utensils and paper plates to reduce trash.
• Choosing newspapers, calendars or posters instead of traditional wrapping paper which is not always recyclable.
• Reusing greeting cards by cutting in half and sending as a postcard.
• Avoiding foam peanut for shipping packages and using newspaper instead.
• Avoiding plastic bags and bringing your own while shopping.
MAG created a new website, which features the videos and recycling and waste reduction phone numbers for cities, towns, counties and Native American communities.
Christina Estes, Reporter