Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tempe police are warning parents about the hazards of allowing young children around cooking areas after an infant was severely burned by hot cooking oil.

Police Sgt. Mike Pooley says an 8-month-old girl has severe burns to the face and body after Wednesday afternoon's incident.

Pooley says the baby's grandmother was in the kitchen cooking a meal when the child pulled the cord of an electric skillet filled with cooking oil. The burning oil and food fell from the counter onto the child.

Pooley did not identify the child but said she was hospitalized.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.