TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tempe police are warning parents about the hazards of allowing young children around cooking areas after an infant was severely burned by hot cooking oil.
Police Sgt. Mike Pooley says an 8-month-old girl has severe burns to the face and body after Wednesday afternoon's incident.
Pooley says the baby's grandmother was in the kitchen cooking a meal when the child pulled the cord of an electric skillet filled with cooking oil. The burning oil and food fell from the counter onto the child.
Pooley did not identify the child but said she was hospitalized.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.