It's a big part of a developing plan by Phoenix to forge a long-term economic partnership with Mexico. Last year, Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton created a task force to help the city strengthen economic ties with Mexico. In addition to the Mexico City office, the group recommends:
• Partnering with Universidad Nacional Autonama de Mexico (UNAM) to open a Phoenix campus.
• Exploring options for establishing a Mexican Cultural Center in Phoenix.
• Continuing to build upon trade missions.
According to a report to be presented to the city council this week, Arizona and greater Phoenix rank below other competing markets in terms cross border flow, bilateral trade and director foreign investment.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.