Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

APACHE JUNCTION, Ariz. -- A woman is dead after a fire at a home in Apache Junction and authorities say smoking materials may have sparked the blaze.

City fire officials said Friday morning's fire appeared to have started in a bedroom of a home the 35-year-old woman shared with her fiance.

Investigators are treating it as an accidental fire.

Firefighters found the woman in the kitchen and immediately began treating her for severe smoke inhalation.

She later died at a hospital. Her name hasn't been released yet.

The woman's fiance was away at work when the fire broke out. He told authorities that she often smoked in bed.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.