Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- Customers were evacuated from two separate K-Mart stores in the Phoenix area on Saturday after a man called in bomb threats.

The first threat came in at around 12:15 p.m. at the K-Mart store near Interstate 17 and Northern Avenue. The second threat was received about a half hour later at a location near 35th Avenue and Greenway Road.

By the time officers arrived at both locations, store managers had already evacuated customers, said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.

"We went through the store with the management team and discovered there was really no threat to the store," said Martos. "It obviously interrupted business for K-Mart at both locations, so we're going to be conducting as much follow-up as we can."

Both stores have been reopened.

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.