PHOENIX - Monsoon season has hit the Schultz burn area hard, temporarily closing some roads and recreation sites.
A statement released by the Flagstaff Ranger District of Public Affairs and the Forest Public Affairs Officer said that this weekend's storm, which produced over 2.5 inches of rain, closed the following areas:
• Waterline Road
• Little Elden Springs Horse Camp
• Elden Springs Road (Forest Road 556) west of private property
• Schultz Pass Road (FR 420) from the northern entrance to Schultz Tank. The road and Schultz Tank Trailhead can still be accessed via Highway 180.
Coconino National Forest crews will be assessing the trails over the next couple of days to determine whether further closures are necessary.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.