Pyrotechnician hurt in Ariz. fireworks malfunction
Kingman Fire Department officials said Jeremy Lee was investigating a pre-packaged box of fireworks that malfunctioned Thursday evening when they unexpectedly detonated at the Mohave County Fairgrounds.
They said the 40-year-old Lee was wearing appropriate safety equipment, but suffered massive head trauma and burns.
Lee was taken to the Kingman Regional Medical Center and was later flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, where he was listed Friday in critical condition.
Lee's hometown in Utah wasn't immediately available.