Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
Latest News

Pyrotechnician hurt in Ariz. fireworks malfunction

KINGMAN, Ariz. -- Authorities say a pyrotechnician from Utah suffered severe head trauma and burns after fireworks malfunctioned during a display in northwestern Arizona.

Kingman Fire Department officials said Jeremy Lee was investigating a pre-packaged box of fireworks that malfunctioned Thursday evening when they unexpectedly detonated at the Mohave County Fairgrounds.

They said the 40-year-old Lee was wearing appropriate safety equipment, but suffered massive head trauma and burns.

Lee was taken to the Kingman Regional Medical Center and was later flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, where he was listed Friday in critical condition.

Lee's hometown in Utah wasn't immediately available.

About the Author


comments powered by Disqus
Latest News