Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- The Doce Fire burning near Prescott, Ariz., is now 15 percent contained, officials said at a Friday press conference.

So far, the Doce Fire has burned 6,732 acres. It grew about 400 acres between Thursday and Friday.

Incident commander Tony Sciacca said that heavy helicopter water dumps had been very effective and crews may not need to perform burnout operations on Friday night.

According to officials, 465 people have been evacuated and have not returned to their homes.

"If I was to give you at least three or four days out, I would say probably not," said Sciacca.

The firefighting cots has already exceeded $3.2 million.

KTAR Newsroom,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.