Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- A man suspected in a hit-and-run accident that killed an 11-year-old Phoenix boy last month has pleaded not guilty.

Maricopa County prosecutors said 32-year-old Mabior Ding entered his plea Wednesday. His next scheduled court appearance is July 23.

Ding turned himself in to police on May 28 and was booked into jail on suspicion of manslaughter and leaving the scene of a fatal collision.

Family members said Enoc Quijada was walking with his mother on May 25 in the parking lot of the Fountainhead Apartments near Turney and 35th avenues when the driver of a car backing out of a parking space struck the child.

Police said the driver helped pull Enoc from under the SUV, but then left the scene and didn't return.

The boy later died at a hospital.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.