PHOENIX -- On what is expected to be the hottest day to date in 2013, the Salvation Army has opened all of its hydration stations across the Valley.
"Most of them are located closer to the population that's in need," said Melany Stroupe with the Salvation Army. "Several of them are near a homeless park, that kind of thing."
Stroupe said that, though the stations are open, they need staffers to work them.
"We'll have volunteer opportunities all through the summer and, if people are willing and able, we would love, love the support and the help," she said. "It can really make a difference in the community. One bottle of water can save someone's life."
The hydration stations are located at the following places:
• Southwest corner 16th St. and Jefferson (East Lake Park)
• Northeast corner 3rd Ave. and Fillmore
• 35th Ave. and Roosevelt (Falcon Park)
• Southwest corner 5th St. and Hatcher
• 4343 N. 16th St., Phoenix
• 4318 W. Clarendon Ave., Phoenix
• 6010 W. Northern Ave., Glendale
• 85 E. Saragosa St., Chandler
• 241 E. 6th St., Mesa
• 11 N. 3rd Ave., Avondale
• 40 E. University Dr., Tempe
The Salvation Army will also be collecting bottled water throught the summer. To donate or volunteer, contact the Salvation Army at (602) 267-4170.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.