PHOENIX — The Salvation Army is set to deploy water stations across the Phoenix metro area due to the rise in temperatures.
Eleven hydration stations will be available at several locations throughout the Valley from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. daily in order to fight off the heat. These stations will provide chilled bottled water, sunscreen and other relief services to those out in the streets.
Several locations for these stations are at:
• Southwest corner 16th St. and Jefferson (East Lake Park)
• Northeast corner 3rd Ave. and Fillmore
• 35th Ave. and Roosevelt (Falcon Park)
• Southwest corner 5th St. and Hatcher
More hydration stations can be found at the following Salvation Army locations:
• 4343 N. 16th St., Phoenix
• 4318 W. Clarendon Ave., Phoenix
• 6010 W. Northern Ave., Glendale
• 85 E. Saragosa St., Chandler
• 241 E. 6th St., Mesa
• 11 N. 3rd Ave., Avondale
• 40 E. University Dr., Tempe
The Salvation Army will also be collecting bottled water throught the summer. You are asked to contact your the Salvation army at (602) 267-4170.