PHOENIX -- The Arizona Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal on whether a judge improperly allowed prosecutors to seek a death sentence for Jodi Arias in the 2008 stabbing and shooting of her former boyfriend.
Arias' lawyers filed the mid-trial appeal with the state high court three months ago after Judge Sherry Stephens denied a mistrial motion and a mid-level state court then refused to consider an appeal.
Arias' lawyers say Stephens wrongly allowed a potential death sentence to be based on trial testimony that contradicted a police detective's testimony during a 2009 hearing about how Travis Alexander was killed.
A Maricopa County Superior Court jury in Phoenix convicted Arias on May 8 of first-degree murder, but jurors deadlocked May 23 on whether to impose a death sentence.
- Retrial for Arias sentencing is March 17
- Judge delays setting Arias resentencing date
- New Jodi Arias movie trailer released
- Prosecutor talks next steps for Arias case
- First glimpse of Jodi Arias film
- Jury foreman: Arias testimony didn't help her
- Arias detractor angry over mistrial
- Mistrial declared in Arias penalty phase
- McMahon: Never-ending story
- The next steps in Jodi Arias case
- Jodi Arias gives 3 TV interviews
- Jodi Arias asks jury for life in prison
- Actors in Arias film speak about roles
- Jodi Arias TV movie to debut June 22
- A look at Arias' life in jail
- McMahon: Til death
- Timeline of events in Arias murder case
- Twitter hoax caused panic during verdict
- Hunter: Arias found guilty, but still won
- Jodi Arias convicted of first-degree murder
- Arias talked after found guilty of murder
- Hunter: Time for cameras to go in courtroom
- Friend: Arias verdict 'better than Christmas'
- Statement: Alexander siblings to sue Arias
- Huizenga: No truth known in Arias case
- Donald Trump: Jodi Arias 'guilty as hell'
- Hunter: Live in Arias crime home? Not me!
- Third juror dismissed in Jodi Arias trial
- Arias parents: Daughter had issues
- Psychologists: Arias trial escape from reality
- Hunter: Time to pull cameras out of court
- Final Word: Jodi Arias tweeting from jail
- Report: Person sells gallery seat for $200
- Arias selling t-shirts benefitting victims?
- Dismissed Arias juror speaks to media
- Snow White plays a part in Jodi Arias trial
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.