PHOENIX -- A close friend of murder victim Travis Alexander said convicted killer Jodi Arias is a vampire feeding off the spotlight.
The jury in Arias' murder trial was dismissed Thursday after failing to decide if she should receive the death penalty.
Julie Christopher said it's another chapter in the trial that nobody is enjoying more than Arias herself.
"She loves the attention and what's going on," Christopher said. "She doesn't want this to end and she just keeps on going. It's so upsetting because Jodi is pure evil."
Christopher believes Arias is a master manipulator who managed to get into at least a few of the jurors' heads.
"Somehow, someway she was able work on the jurors subconsciously and they couldn't make their minds up. She's so good at playing the little girl and then the femme fatale that I think jurors were so confused by her."
- Retrial for Arias sentencing is March 17
- Judge delays setting Arias resentencing date
- New Jodi Arias movie trailer released
- Prosecutor talks next steps for Arias case
- First glimpse of Jodi Arias film
- Jury foreman: Arias testimony didn't help her
- Arias detractor angry over mistrial
- Mistrial declared in Arias penalty phase
- McMahon: Never-ending story
- The next steps in Jodi Arias case
- Jodi Arias gives 3 TV interviews
- Jodi Arias asks jury for life in prison
- Actors in Arias film speak about roles
- Jodi Arias TV movie to debut June 22
- A look at Arias' life in jail
- McMahon: Til death
- Timeline of events in Arias murder case
- Twitter hoax caused panic during verdict
- Hunter: Arias found guilty, but still won
- Jodi Arias convicted of first-degree murder
- Arias talked after found guilty of murder
- Hunter: Time for cameras to go in courtroom
- Friend: Arias verdict 'better than Christmas'
- Statement: Alexander siblings to sue Arias
- Huizenga: No truth known in Arias case
- Donald Trump: Jodi Arias 'guilty as hell'
- Hunter: Live in Arias crime home? Not me!
- Third juror dismissed in Jodi Arias trial
- Arias parents: Daughter had issues
- Psychologists: Arias trial escape from reality
- Hunter: Time to pull cameras out of court
- Final Word: Jodi Arias tweeting from jail
- Report: Person sells gallery seat for $200
- Arias selling t-shirts benefitting victims?
- Dismissed Arias juror speaks to media
- Snow White plays a part in Jodi Arias trial