Maricopa County Bill Montgomery released the following statement Thursday following the mistrial ruling in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias trial.
It has not been altered in any way.
"We appreciate the jury's work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be. As of this point in time, the Court has set a Status Conference for June 20 and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase. Because, for purposes of a jury determination on punishment, this is still a pending matter, there will be no further comment."
- Retrial for Arias sentencing is March 17
- Judge delays setting Arias resentencing date
- New Jodi Arias movie trailer released
- Prosecutor talks next steps for Arias case
- First glimpse of Jodi Arias film
- Jury foreman: Arias testimony didn't help her
- Arias detractor angry over mistrial
- Mistrial declared in Arias penalty phase
- McMahon: Never-ending story
- The next steps in Jodi Arias case
- Jodi Arias gives 3 TV interviews
- Jodi Arias asks jury for life in prison
- Actors in Arias film speak about roles
- Jodi Arias TV movie to debut June 22
- A look at Arias' life in jail
- McMahon: Til death
- Timeline of events in Arias murder case
- Twitter hoax caused panic during verdict
- Hunter: Arias found guilty, but still won
- Jodi Arias convicted of first-degree murder
- Arias talked after found guilty of murder
- Hunter: Time for cameras to go in courtroom
- Friend: Arias verdict 'better than Christmas'
- Statement: Alexander siblings to sue Arias
- Huizenga: No truth known in Arias case
- Donald Trump: Jodi Arias 'guilty as hell'
- Hunter: Live in Arias crime home? Not me!
- Third juror dismissed in Jodi Arias trial
- Arias parents: Daughter had issues
- Psychologists: Arias trial escape from reality
- Hunter: Time to pull cameras out of court
- Final Word: Jodi Arias tweeting from jail
- Report: Person sells gallery seat for $200
- Arias selling t-shirts benefitting victims?
- Dismissed Arias juror speaks to media
- Snow White plays a part in Jodi Arias trial