PHOENIX -- An 18-year-old man was arrested Thursday after claiming to have planted explosives inside Jodi Arias' courtroom, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said in a release.
On Wednesday, Laquint H. Cherry is suspected of tweeting the following:
planted some IEDs in the #jodi arias Superior Court room in Phoenix Arizona tomorrow I'll become a HERO and also shot by pigs once I unload
Cherry was located at the Value Place Motel at 1360 N. 43rd Ave. He initially refused to surrender peacefully and tweeted that he was not going to be taken alive and was planning to kill deputies.
Cherry later was arrested without incident.
A woman who was with Cherry was questioned. She told deputies she met Cherry on Facebook and was his former girlfriend. She was released.
Cherry was booked on a felony count related to an act of terrorism.
"The investigation into this threat is not over," said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. "Additionally, I am concerned that more dangerous individuals or groups have designs of causing loss of life with either sophisticated explosives or homemade bombs. Because of this, every threat to harm is taken seriously,"
- Retrial for Arias sentencing is March 17
- Judge delays setting Arias resentencing date
- New Jodi Arias movie trailer released
- Prosecutor talks next steps for Arias case
- First glimpse of Jodi Arias film
- Jury foreman: Arias testimony didn't help her
- Arias detractor angry over mistrial
- Mistrial declared in Arias penalty phase
- McMahon: Never-ending story
- The next steps in Jodi Arias case
- Jodi Arias gives 3 TV interviews
- Jodi Arias asks jury for life in prison
- Actors in Arias film speak about roles
- Jodi Arias TV movie to debut June 22
- A look at Arias' life in jail
- McMahon: Til death
- Timeline of events in Arias murder case
- Twitter hoax caused panic during verdict
- Hunter: Arias found guilty, but still won
- Jodi Arias convicted of first-degree murder
- Arias talked after found guilty of murder
- Hunter: Time for cameras to go in courtroom
- Friend: Arias verdict 'better than Christmas'
- Statement: Alexander siblings to sue Arias
- Huizenga: No truth known in Arias case
- Donald Trump: Jodi Arias 'guilty as hell'
- Hunter: Live in Arias crime home? Not me!
- Third juror dismissed in Jodi Arias trial
- Arias parents: Daughter had issues
- Psychologists: Arias trial escape from reality
- Hunter: Time to pull cameras out of court
- Final Word: Jodi Arias tweeting from jail
- Report: Person sells gallery seat for $200
- Arias selling t-shirts benefitting victims?
- Dismissed Arias juror speaks to media
- Snow White plays a part in Jodi Arias trial
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.