PHOENIX -- About 1,000 people stood in front of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse on Wednesday to heard to verdict in the Jodi Arias trial.
"Justice was served today. I'm so excited," said Kathy Brown, who once met Travis Alexander's family.
Many shared Brown's sentiments.
"It's just horrible what has happened," said Bee Rios, adding that she would have been shocked if Arias was not convicted of first-degree murder.
Some were nervous when it was announced the verdict would be read Wednesday and began wondering if Arias would walk away.
"I was a little bit worried when they brought Alice LaViolette in," said Ann Kallenberger. "Some of the testimony from her standpoint was conflicting and, as a professional in the psychological field, that it would impact the way the jurors saw it."
Arias has yet to be sentenced in the case. For some like Brown, the verdict brought some comfort.
"At least [the Alexander family] has something they can celebrate," she said.
But Brown knows real closure won't come until Arias is sentenced to either life in prison or death.
"This is not closure yet," she said. "It won't be until the final phases go through."
- Retrial for Arias sentencing is March 17
- Judge delays setting Arias resentencing date
- New Jodi Arias movie trailer released
- Prosecutor talks next steps for Arias case
- First glimpse of Jodi Arias film
- Jury foreman: Arias testimony didn't help her
- Arias detractor angry over mistrial
- Mistrial declared in Arias penalty phase
- McMahon: Never-ending story
- The next steps in Jodi Arias case
- Jodi Arias gives 3 TV interviews
- Jodi Arias asks jury for life in prison
- Actors in Arias film speak about roles
- Jodi Arias TV movie to debut June 22
- A look at Arias' life in jail
- McMahon: Til death
- Timeline of events in Arias murder case
- Twitter hoax caused panic during verdict
- Hunter: Arias found guilty, but still won
- Jodi Arias convicted of first-degree murder
- Arias talked after found guilty of murder
- Hunter: Time for cameras to go in courtroom
- Friend: Arias verdict 'better than Christmas'
- Statement: Alexander siblings to sue Arias
- Huizenga: No truth known in Arias case
- Donald Trump: Jodi Arias 'guilty as hell'
- Hunter: Live in Arias crime home? Not me!
- Third juror dismissed in Jodi Arias trial
- Arias parents: Daughter had issues
- Psychologists: Arias trial escape from reality
- Hunter: Time to pull cameras out of court
- Final Word: Jodi Arias tweeting from jail
- Report: Person sells gallery seat for $200
- Arias selling t-shirts benefitting victims?
- Dismissed Arias juror speaks to media
- Snow White plays a part in Jodi Arias trial
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.