A digital cover of "Time" magazine began making a stir on the Internet on Wednesday
"Time" published freelance photographer Bill Hoenk's photo of a Boston police officer transporting a child who was wounded in the bombing of the marathon.
"I was there about 40 minutes or so when the first explosion happened," Hoenk tells the magazine. "We saw the smoke and heard people screaming, and then within seconds, the second explosion happened directly in my line of sight, 30 feet away. There was a lot of chaos."
Hoenk described the hellish scene, as people trampled on an upside-down baby carriage and a child with a bloodied head cried as police officers carry him away.
"I remember looking down and seeing a baby carriage upside down with people running over it," he remembers. "It really freaked me out. I leaned over to pick up the baby carriage — there was no baby underneath...I saw the cop lift up the baby. When I look at the photos, I cry. The baby was screaming."
- Boston PD: 3 more in custody in bombing case
- U of A alum, husband injured in bombings
- Suspect influenced by strange radical
- Mosque: Suspect had 2 recent ourbursts
- Aunt: Suspects struggled with Islam
- Officials: Suspects motived by religion
- Chinese victim of blasts remembered
- Bomb suspect's wife was talented artist
- Supporters: Don't link immig. bill to Boston
- Senator: Bombing suspect shot in throat
- Official: Bombers likely sought more attacks
- Services held to honor victims, responders
- Mass. gov: No idea on bomb suspects' motive
- Boston mayor: Bombing suspects acted alone
- Police commissioner: No interview yet
- Prosecutors working to build Marathon case
- Doctor: Dead suspect's wounds 'head to toe'
- Public defenders will represent bomb suspect
- Official: Enough evidence to convict suspect
- Gov: Bombing suspect seriously hurt, stable
- FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2011
- Bombing suspect alive and in custody
- 3 questioned for MA bombing involvement
- Obama: Capture closes chapter in tragedy
- Police: Bombing suspect may not have car
- Suspect's father: son 'true angel'
- Statement: Dad of suspects says sons framed
- Police: Bomb suspects spent night in Honda
- MIT police officer killed in campus shooting
- Authorities ID wounded transit officer
- FBI releases photos, video of bomb suspects
- Bomb suspect studied accounting
- Report: 15 officers injured in suspect search
- Marathon crime scene photos released
- Classmates claim suspect seen this week
- Report: Suspect should have been deported
- Classmates stunned over accusations
- Report: Leader blames bombing on U.S.
- PD: Security upped ahead of Pat's Run
- Latino bashers, I introduce you to Arredondo
- 3 dead, over 170 injured in marathon blasts
- Chuck's List: They were all first responders
- Marathon bomb victim loses both legs
- Healthy You: Dealing with kids and tragedies
- Hunter: Why I'm proud to be Bostonian
- Runner snaps photo of suspect at scene
- VIDEO: Boston blast caught on camera
- VIDEO: Runner's view of marathon blasts
- VIDEO: Scene of Boston Marathon blasts
- Hunter: Did the world change on April 15?
- Statement from father of young victim
- Hunter: Interview with the guy in cowboy hat
- PHOTOS: Explosions at Boston Marathon
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.