A brush fire burning in the far Northwest Valley will likely take a couple days to burn itself out, the Rural/Metro Fire Department said.
The fire burning near Olive Avenue and Litchfield Road was sparked when workers were laying out a mix of wood chips, saw dust and much in the area.
"The fire started actually in one of the debris piles, in a mulch pile that was steaming," said Colin Williams with Rural/Metro. "Because of the high winds here, it's not inconceivable to believe that that mulch pile was fanned by the wind which then ignited and then spread to the other piles."
The high wind also made it impossible for firefighters to extinguish the blaze with water.
Williams said Rural/Metro is currently allowing the fire to put itself out, but that could take a few days.