Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- A Phoenix man accused of harming his infant son last month has pleaded guilty to attempted child abuse and child abuse.

A Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman said sentencing for Taylor Jose Basilio is set for May 7 before Judge John Ditsworth.

Basilio was arrested in January 2012 after doctors discovered that his 7-week-old son had several broken bones and a fractured skull.

Authorities said Basilio and his wife brought their child to a pediatrician Dec. 5 to receive a flu shot because he had a stuffy nose.

During the visit, the doctor noticed that the boy was underweight and had him further evaluated at a hospital. That's when the broken bones and skull fracture were discovered.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.