Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Authorities say a man found next to a transformer at a vacant Glendale business with burns over his entire body has died.

Glendale police say the 57-year-old man died Thursday at a hospital.

They say the man was found Thursday in a commercial yard near 51st Avenue and Bethany Home Road.

Police believe he may have been trying to steal copper wiring from the transformer and was electrocuted.

His name hasn't been released.

Police say the man isn't an employee of a power company and he was inside a fenced property in which there currently isn't a business occupant.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.