Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- A hotel in northwest Phoenix was evacuated for the second time in two days because of the smell of natural gas.

Television station KTVK reported that people were evacuated from the same four-story Holiday Inn Tuesday morning after an employee smelled the rotten-egg odor of natural gas.

Approximately 140 employees and guests were evacuated from the hotel at Cactus Road and Interstate 17 Monday morning when a natural gas leak was detected in the area.

However, Fire Capt. Scott McDonald said there's no new leak.

McDonald said the odor resulted from residual gas that dispersed when a Southwest Gas machine being used to suck gas from the ground at the site of Monday's repair was turned off for refueling.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.