PHOENIX -- A hotel in northwest Phoenix was evacuated for the second time in two days because of the smell of natural gas.
Television station KTVK reported that people were evacuated from the same four-story Holiday Inn Tuesday morning after an employee smelled the rotten-egg odor of natural gas.
Approximately 140 employees and guests were evacuated from the hotel at Cactus Road and Interstate 17 Monday morning when a natural gas leak was detected in the area.
However, Fire Capt. Scott McDonald said there's no new leak.
McDonald said the odor resulted from residual gas that dispersed when a Southwest Gas machine being used to suck gas from the ground at the site of Monday's repair was turned off for refueling.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.