Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

PHOENIX -- A fire broke out Sunday morning in the kitchen of a restaurant at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

Phoenix fire Capt. Tony Mure says an employee of Chelsea's Kitchen in terminal four of the airport acted quickly in using a fire extinguisher to knock down the fire in the restaurant's ventilation hood.

An estimated 30 people at Chelsea's Kitchen and a neighboring restaurant were evacuated, though there was no damage to the eatery next door to Chelsea's.

The airport terminal wasn't evacuated.

Mure says the fire was likely caused by grease that had accumulated in the ventilation hood.

Mure says Chelsea's Kitchen had minimal damage from the fire.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.