PHOENIX -- Police have confirmed that a body found Thursday at the Mesa Riverview shopping center is that of suspected Phoenix shooter Arthur Douglas Harmon.
The body was found early Thursday morning, along with a rental car that the suspect had been driving. Phoenix Sgt. Steve Martos said a gunshot wound to the body appeared to be self-inflicted.
Mesa police spokesman Anthony Landato said a handgun was found at the scene.
Harmon, 70, is the chief suspect in a Wednesday shooting spree that left one man dead and five other people injured at 16th Street and Glendale Avenue.
A landscaper found the body in a parking lot at the center, near Loop 202 and Dobson Road.
Police conducted a search of Harmon's north Phoenix home at 28th Street and Acoma Drive after the shooting and learned he had left in a rented white Kia Optima. The license plate of that car matched that of the car found at Riverview.
No other information was immediately available.
- State Bar of AZ gives statement on Hummels
- Lawyer dies, was 2nd victim in shooting
- Body found at Mesa shopping center
- 2 dead, 4 injured in Phoenix office shooting
- Phoenix PD identify shooting suspect
- Phoenix shooter speeds by KTAR intern
- Worker: 'Never think it's going to happen'
- Phoenix office worker: 'We have a shooter'
- Lawyer shot at office complex won't survive
- 'It can never happen here' is no more
- Police move on home of shooting suspect
- DT Phoenix office building on lockdown
- Kelly breaks news at gun control hearing