PHOENIX -- Workers at a Phoenix office building where gunfire rang out Wednesday say the scene was one of scared colleagues locking doors and others seeing the victims lying on the ground.
Vanessa Brogan, who works in sales support at an insurance business in the three-story complex, says she heard a loud bang that she thought at first was from somebody working in or near the building.
She says others at the business thought they heard multiple loud noises. Brogan says people locked themselves in offices until authorities evacuated the complex that houses insurance, medical and law offices.
Becky Neher, who works for a title company in the building, says the two gunshots she heard sounded like two pieces of metal banging against each other.
But then, Neher says "Someone yelled, 'We have a shooter.'"
She soon saw two victims lying on the ground outside the back of the building.
- State Bar of AZ gives statement on Hummels
- Lawyer dies, was 2nd victim in shooting
- Body found at Mesa shopping center
- 2 dead, 4 injured in Phoenix office shooting
- Phoenix PD identify shooting suspect
- Phoenix shooter speeds by KTAR intern
- Worker: 'Never think it's going to happen'
- Phoenix office worker: 'We have a shooter'
- Lawyer shot at office complex won't survive
- 'It can never happen here' is no more
- Police move on home of shooting suspect
- DT Phoenix office building on lockdown
- Kelly breaks news at gun control hearing
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.