Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
Latest News

Attempt to warm cat bed sets Prescott garage on fire

PRESCOTT, Ariz. -- Authorities said a Prescott homeowner used a plumbing warming device to try to keep his cat's bed warm during sub-freezing temperatures but ended up starting a fire that burned the home's detached garage.

Fire Marshal Don Devendorf said the homeowner said he placed heat tape on the cat's bed and covered it in an attempt to keep the cat warm.

The Daily Courier reported that the garage burned Friday was a total loss, with damage to the garage and its contents estimated at $25,000.

Devendorf said heat tapes are meant to keep pipes from freezing and that they get very hot but dissipate the heat through the lengths of pipe.

About the Author


comments powered by Disqus
Latest News